Susan Najarian

Susan Najarian is a talented artist that creates encaustic paintings. According to her bio, encaustic is from the ancient Greek word that means to heat. Susan uses digitally-manipulated photographs as her base, then transfers the image to a wood frame covered in encaustic wax. The paintings are created using many thin layers of wax that attract & refract light altering the appearance to produce the cloud like feeling of the medium. I love Pink Bike, a piece that highlights a cute retro bicycle with a basket of blue and green flowers. P.S. Love You is another wonderful painting that features a beautiful pink and orange sky with flecks of gold leaf. And White Dahlia is one that I would love to have hanging in my space!

*GIVEAWAY - Closed: Enter to win an original encaustic painting titled Early Bird. Visit Susan's Etsy shop & leave a comment on this post noting your favorite piece. Giveaway ends at Midnight CST, Tuesday, June 23.

16 comments:

MJ Hargis said...

My favorite pieces were "Coming Home" and "Moment in Blue". I have a soft spot for power lines.

Unknown said...

OOOH! i love, love, LOVE "secret forest" and "spring forest." delicious use of color.

tracey said...

Spring Forest, they remind me of birch trees, and I don't have any that I can see daily where I live and I miss them.
I liked "Strange Fruit" as well

Laura Rawson said...

These are great... it's hard to pick a favorite, especially since she uses lots of my favorite subjects. I guess I'd have to pick Music in the Air.

nitebyrd said...

"Are Those My Sneakers" has to be my favorite. What beautiful creations!

Jessica Y. said...

My favorite piece has to be Our Love! I really love the colors and it is beautiful! Thanks! :D

jess^^^4002 [at] gmail [dot] com
(without the ^^^)

Anonymous said...

I really like Pink Bike and Forest. They are all gorgeous, though!

Janelle Eller

jjeller612@aol.com

Carolyn said...

"they are so sweet together"
so beautiful!
hard to pick a favorite!

FAQ said...

I really like her art, such wonderful use of colors and I love encaustics. My favorite piece was "don't bug me". Thanks for sharing about this great artist!

The Altered Muse said...

Because I love pink and depth in wax, I would have to say that They Are So Sweet Together is my favorite. I have dabbled in encaustic and love it. Very interesting!

Jessica Strawser said...

I LOVE the color palette of Country Blues!

Anonymous said...

My eye is drawn to Coming Home. But I also like the Pink Bike.

Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne said...

I already put The Conversation. Original Encaustic Painting 5x5.. on my wishpot list for my daughter Ashlyn. I would LOVE to get her this for Yule. Yes.. I've started my holiday list and will start shopping in July :)

But I won't wrap until Christmas Eve... Not sure what's wrong with my head. heh...

k8sims said...

"Girlfriends" is my favorite piece. I might have overlooked it if not for the name. After the name caught my attention, I gained a whole new perspective of the piece. When my girlfriends and I get together, it's like we're in the middle of nowhere like the birds on a wire.

Anonymous said...

I love "The Conversation". beautiful work!

Laura Stewart said...

gorgeous - love Coming Home