Turtle Kiss

I am a fan of abstract art, including Jackson Pollock's work. I immediately thought of his "paint pourings" when I came across Turtle Kiss. I'm not sure if Pollock would take that as a compliment or not, but I'm sure he would agree that the works of art, created by an actual turtle, are fascinating nonetheless. Koopa, the world's only professional turtle artist, is said to have paintings hanging in all 50 U.S. states, as well as several countries abroad. He has created over 650 paintings in the 4+ years he has been doing this. Kira, the human partner in this endeavor, began Turtle Kiss as a way to raise awareness about turtle rescue while sharing unique works of art. My family loves turtles, so I am happy to share this unique venture. Kira is also a talented artist & creates terrific paintings, as well. Several of Koopa's paintings are for sale through eBay. You can even request a custom painting if you'd like.

3 comments:

Funky Joe D. said...

I wonder if his I.Q. is above that of the average Turle? I'd like to meet this lil guy and pet his shell.

Leigh-Ann said...

awwwe!!! Koopa is so cute!! his shape is adorable! and he seems to have...a parrot beak? haha

i made art with a turtle once... I wrote my name while he peed. Pretty impressive for a nine letter name ;)
i also had a pet turtle as a kid.... "Slouch" :)

fun memories :)

Kristen =) said...

I love him!

He is so adorable!

I love his paintings!

Cute... Just so Cute!